CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

PEACE!! And uh Happy Belated National Scrapbooking Day! (I assume that's in the States?)

Well I'm back ... hesitantly. I did a QP and gave it to a designer who mentioned that I can put it up on my blog. So it was pretty tempting! And now here I am.

Anyways ... I'm hoping we can all let bygones be bygones. I may have said some things I shouldn't have, who knows, I don't dwell on the past. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal. If I'm angry I'll show it. And, consequently, I may not be very well liked right now, and I understand that. But the past is the past. I know one thing that I didn't understand at the time and one reason i was so frustrated was all these scrapbookers attacking me. Yet I wasn't hearing from any designers. Now though I understand, even though I would prefer to hear from designers themselves, that the scrapbooking community needs such reinforcement, that is how pirates are caught. It's really the only way for designers to make sure their stuff isn't pirated. Iget that now. Although the DESIGNERS I talked to during all of this were actually very kind ladies! Really sweet kind hearted women, as far as I know anyways. So maybe their fans have to be harsh to make up for it. LOL!

I don't know how much i'll post, but fear not I will only post QP's that I have only email confirmation of permission! Makes sense. Guess I should have done that before. I'm new to digital scrapbooking and wasn't exactly 'up' on all the do's and don'ts. I wasn't trying to be a pirate by any means. I thought I was following the TOU. Which I was, they just weren't thorough enough on the issue. But alas, lesson learned. Not just for me but for designers too. Who knew I'd throw such a wrench into the world of TOU's? So all in all we all learned from it! And now no one will make the same mistake I did! Irregardless of the thoroughness though I'm not trying to go against the grain! I would much rather abide by the designer's preferences. Although who knows, maybe I'm already labelled as a pirate. Well ... that's that then. I love the work that designer's do, it's really beyond me how talented they are! Incredible. I'm not going to abuse that. :)

Now I'm NOT going to express that I have permission on every bloody post though. Umm ... no. Geez while I'm at it why don't I just copy the whole damn email. LOL. Yeah, not. If someone is concerned they can ask (nicely and not ACCUSINGLY) me or the designer themselves. Irregardless, I don't care about what anyone thinks about me now. My *QP's are for people who will get some use out of them, nice folk who just want to scrapbook! Not for those who have a fight to pick with me. I hope though that no one is looking to get at me anymore! I do the *QP's from the kindness of my heart, just for the hell of it. I give them to the designer or I offer them up here. It's nice to have a quick page and not have to put it together sometimes! (*WITH DESIGNER PERMISSION OF COURSE!).


Ok did anyone read that? Nope?? Haha that's ok, cuz here's your QP! JPT BTS, from Nikki, http://justpassinthru.wordpress.com/. The elements are so cute! She's also got another gorgeous kit up, called Faded Elegance. Check that out! This is nothing special (the QP I mean) but here it is anyways! Click the image to download. :D Enjoy!! And PEACE OUT!! God bless.






3 comments:

Moo said...

Thanks Mysty- Maybe to counteract those gungho fans you can post a note in your sidebar to the effect all posted QPs are with designer permission. Just a thought. Thanks again, it is a great layout!

MaLeLa said...

hallo mysty! The pleasing me, however, they can offer the QP with pleasure with them on the Blog in as a Freebie please in the Tou and * to 180; note see simply Kit by Laurali. I am glad ihnnen my Freebies fallen excuse my English is very badly LG Laurali

ma E Mail is scrapworld(at)t-online.de

Rachel said...

Hi Misty,
Please email me if you are interested in being on a creative team. You can check out my designs at http://steelcityscraps.blogspot.com

Let me know - email me with questions at rachnmaddie@yahoo.com